Monday 20 August 2012

Sickness Go Away

So yay! I am sick again...I seem to have good and bad years with sickness I can go 2-3 years with nothing then have one year that is just really bad getting sick on and off...seems that this is one of those years. So I missed uni today so I could sleep it off under the influence of some very strong medicine that knocks one out in 20 minutes...so I am feeling moderately better.

I went to the footy yesterday, one of the rare instances when the Swans play in Melbourne, and seeing as I was not working, I was able to go, for once. I ended up going home with about 10 minutes left to play because it just got too boring. It was great that my team won (by 82 points in the end) but when it is that much of a thrashing, it kind of takes the enjoyment out of spectating. Still talking about footy, I had a shocker in my tipping, only getting 4, but a lot of other people would have been in the same boat, because two of the top four teams lost, when many people thought they should have won.

I finished reading Basara the other day. I quite like how it was set out. The main story only went on 25 volumes, then the remaining 2.5-3 volumes were side stories, that either took place either before of after the events of the main story, giving much more insight into some of the characters psychological matters, such as the white king (who was actually a woman) and why she was so obsessed with seeing the downfall of the monarchy. I was kind of pissed at the end though, because one of my favourite characters died, and I don't like that when it happens kind of unexpectedly, I like my happy endings, especially when the story it 27 volumes long!! Just saying!

Anyway, now I am reading Fushigi Yugi by Yuu Watase. One thing I picked up on straight away was this Suzaku, Byakko, Genbu and Seiryu thing. I just read 27 volumes where this was incorporated into the story, and now I get to read another 18 volumes about a different interpretation...not that I mind, because both stories are quite interesting...more to come so watch this space!!

Anyway, that's about it for now, until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment