Thursday 23 August 2012

Hey!!  I had a dream. The dream was that someone threw a brick at me, and it really hurt. I actually woke up in pain to find that my cat had jumped from the top of my wardrobe to my bed, landing smack bang on the middle of my back. Needless to say said cat has since been banned from my room.

All I can say is that I am happy that I have completed my first Assessment piece for this semester. It makes me feel slightly accomplished that I just have a little less work to do at the end of the semester. But lets be honest, I will leave everything to the last minute, because that's how I roll.

So I am about 14 volumes into Fushigi Yugi, and there is a lot I like about it and a bit I don't get. I like how the story is broken into two different arcs. The first 13 volumes is the first arc, where as the remaining 5 volumes complete the second arc. I quite like series that have this kind of set up. I mean all long going series have arcs, but I quite like how this is done. I guess similar examples would be Angel Sanctuary and Basara and even Sailor Moon where the story is broken into many smaller arcs, but the one thing that all these series have in common is that they are all from the 90's. So I don't know, maybe it's a 90's thing. I also like this series purely because it is Yuu Watase. I like how there is also an anime, but disappointed that it only covers the first arc of the story, up until the end of the 13th volume. Another thing that I don't get is why the prequal was written after Fushigi Yugi, Fushigi Yugi: Genbu Kaiden. I mean, I already know how it's going to end...but then again, I get to read more to do with this amazing series...I think you can guess that I quite like the historical fantasy series...

Also, I have a few new series that I am in the midst of watching. I have acquired Season 1 of Chihayafuru (Looking forward to Season 2 when it is released). I have only watched the first 6 episodes thus far, but at the moment, i quite like how it is similar to the manga. I like this because I find that sometimes, the manga and anime break off into different tangents. I also have the entire series of Marmalade Boy, another classic series from the 90's, excellent slice of life series, slightly different from all the supernatural and fantasy crap I talk about...I imagine at 74 episodes that it will take me quite a while to get through.

Anyway, that's about it for now, until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment